We need your help: Here are just a few of the items on their agenda:
- “Just Cause Eviction” – This would prevent asking a tenant to leave except for a very limited number of reasons; prevents landlords from removing bad tenants
- Requiring Landlords to have a Business License
- Landlord Registration Program
- Requiring all Landlords to be Bonded
- Renter’s “Bill of Rights” that would strip Landlord Rights
- City of Spokane Rental Property Inspection Program
- New “Property Maintenance Code” that would force property improvements (beyond health and safety) with no support or funding assistance
- Mandating all Landlords offer Deposits to be paid over time (after tenant move-in)
- Extending the time period for notification of release termination from 20 days to 30,60 or 90 days
- Rent Control Legislation!
There may be more proposals, but this list should be disturbing enough.
On Thursday, December 6th, at 5:30 PM the Spokane City Council is holding a HOUSING POLICY MEETING FOR LANDLORDS AND PROPERTY MANAGERS. This is our chance to voice our concerns and present our issues and point of view.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO? Just show up! You don’t even need to speak (unless you want to).
We just need you there to show the Spokane City Council we have the numbers and support for YOUR ISSUES. When the council asks for a raise of hands or for people who agree with the speakers to stand up, that’s what we need you to do!
Below is the meeting info. Please be there! WE NEED A LARGE TURNOUT TO SHOW THE SPOKANE CITY COUNCIL OUR STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!!!
Date: Thursday, December 6, 2018
Time: 4:45 PM
Location: Spokane City Hall Briefing Center, Lower Level
808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99201
Help protect YOUR investment… *** MARK THIS IMPORTANT MEETING ON YOU CALENDAR RIGHT NOW!!! ***
Call the LLA if you have questions?